We are committed to providing you the best possible care. To better serve you by keeping our overhead costs low, Faculty Internal Medicine has adopted the following financial policy.
Please read and familiarize yourself with this policy so that future misunderstandings regarding our billing and payment policy can be avoided. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak with the billing office at (865) 288-1100.
We participate with the following insurance plans. All co-payments/deductibles will be collected at the time of service.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Network P, Network S (State Employees Only) and Network E
- Blue Grass Family Health
- First Health
- Initial Group
- Sterling Medicare
- United Healthcare
- Windsor – Medicare Extra
You will be personally responsible for your charges until we receive a copy of your insurance card.
1. If your plan does not appear above, we will courtesy file and collect the deductible/co-payments at the time of service.If we have not heard from your insurance company after 60 days the bill is due and payment by you is expected immediately.
2. Checks returned for non-sufficient funds must be paid in full within 10 days or are turned over to a collection agency and subject to applicable fees. This payment must be made in the form of cash, Visa or MasterCard.
3. Past due accounts are subject to attorney’s fees, court costs, and other costs of collection.
Please remember: Your insurance is a contract between you, your employer, and your insurance company. You are personally responsible for any bill, or portion thereof, not paid by your insurance company.
For referral requests, call 865-218-9220 and ask to be directed to referrals. We will need information about you, your insurance, and the planned specialty visit. If your primary care physician has not referred you or you have not been seen in over a year, you may be required to have an office visit first. When leaving a request on our referral nurse line, please record the following information:
Patient’s name and date of birth
Caller’s name and phone number
Patient’s insurance and identification number
Name of the specialist or facility and fax number, if known
Date of scheduled visit
Reason for visit
Please contact us well in advance to allow for the approval process.